Obviously, we like coffee. But you know what else we like? Snacks that pair well with coffee! And these maple cinnamon almonds were put on this earth to munch on while sipping coffee…and then munch on some more. Seriously, we’re warning you upfront, these little candied nuts are SO addicting!
A sweet fall treat!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Beat egg white until foamy and frothy
- Mix in the maple syrup
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and salt until combined
- Add almonds to the egg mixture and toss to coat
- Pour cinnamon sugar mixture into almond mixture and toss to coat
- Pour almonds in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring almonds every 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely, stirring every few minutes to break them up (the almonds will clump if not stirred)
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month…although this sweet snack is way too delicious to stick around for a month!
PS – if you haven’t checked out our DIY Sharpie Mug tutorial yet, do it now!