Summer is so close, we can taste it! Literally, these tilapia tacos topped with mango salsa are light, flaky, fresh, with just the right amount of kick…perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a fiesta with friends!
Colorful summer meals are our favorite! The brighter and bolder the fruits and vegetables, the fresher the taste – which is why this mango salsa is so flavorful this time of year. While we used it to top tacos this time, it would be tasty on grilled chicken breast, fish, or simply with tortilla chips.
There’s something about Tuesdays that makes us crave tacos. And these cajun spiced tacos definitely satisfied that craving! We chose tilapia, but any white fish can be used. Pair this dinner with a margarita and Tuesday just got a little more interesting!
- 1 ripe mangos, diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- Salt, to taste
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Soft, flour tortillas
- 1 lb Tilapia fillets
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning spice blend
- 1 Avocado
- Salt & pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the chopped mango, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño. Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well. Season to taste with salt. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer. Garnish with cilantro (optional).
- Cut the fish fillets into 1½ inch slices and place in a dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the fish and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill, pan sprayed with nonstick spray over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for around 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and set aside on a plate. Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a few slices of fish on each tortilla. Add a couple of spoonfuls of mango salsa on top of the fish. Top with chopped avocado. Serve with lime wedges on the side.